February 14, 2012
This month, we take a few minutes with Kate Dawes of Kate Dawes Flower Design, a very talented florist and absolutely lovely lady to boot!
1. What does a typical day in the life of Kate Dawes involve?
Up early with the birds and the flowers, crazy, emails, quotes, coffee, family, making flowers and planning.
2. What or who inspires your work?
Fashion, clothes, interiors and nature. The flowers themselves talk... their colours, shapes and texture, the situation and location, keeping an open mind to what others suggest, always learning…
3. What are your favourite flowers in each season?
I like all flowers actually - I guess the ranunculus are pretty special to me... and lilac
4. What is the one tip you would give to brides looking for a florist?
Choose the florist you 'click' with… the one on your side!
5. Lastly, our featured wedding invite design, 'Hearts-a-Flutter', is playful, fun and non-traditional. What would you use to put together a bouquet based on this theme?
I would design a loose-look bouquet with foliage between the flowers… David Austin roses, ranunculus, sweet peas, spray roses, jasmine and dusty miller foliage, tied with lovely big bow!
If you haven't yet booked a florist for your special day, you must take a look at Kate's portfolio... it's simply breathtaking.